360 Artist Development
A new virtual reality initiative in conjunction with Gertrude Street Projection Festival.
The 360 Artist Development is an initiative of Ausdance Victoria in conjunction with Gertrude Street Projection Festival to assist dance practitioners stage works for the virtual realm. This artist development program provides mentorship, and equipment to stage a dance work in Virtual Reality. As the digital world accelerates, dance needs to keep up with the latest technology. 360 Artist Development is a platform for artists to engage with new technology. 360-degree videos, also known as immersive videos or spherical videos, are video recordings where a view in every direction is recorded at the same time, shot using an omnidirectional camera.
The in-kind development support provides assistance to realise an opportunity that inspires a new or remounted work to be staged for a 360 film.
See the recipient's films at Gertrude Street Projection Festival 21-30 July.
Recipient will receive:
• 8 hours of studio space in kind at Melbourne Academy of Performing Arts in Spotswood
• A 60-minute mentorship session at each stage
· production (on location of filming)
• Samsung VR filming equipment and accessories such as helmet mounts and tripods
• 2 hours of mentorship with editing from Ausdance Victoria
• Presentation at Gertrude Street Projection Festival July 2017
• Presentation at West Projections August 2017
Your proposal must engage with the curatorial framework of Gertrude Street Projection Festival:
Drawing on the past and grounded in the present while projecting into the future the GSPF 2017 invites artists to contribute to an immersive, interactive and enchanting experience that ignites our collective social imaginary to explore the possibilities of multiple futures...there are no limits as we unfurl the future.
The filming of your work must be executed on either weekend of:
· 24-25 June 2017
· 1-2 July 2017
Your final edit must be completed by:
· 10 July 2017
4 May 2017
21 May 11:59 PM
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM (AEST) on the closing date.
Late or incomplete applications will not be assessed.
· Clear articulation of conceptual rationale and process
· Response to curatorial framework
Applications will be assessed by an independent panel, facilitated by Ausdance Victoria.
• Applicants must be professional dance practitioners over the age of 18
• Applicants must engage with curatorial framework
• Applicants must be an Australian citizen or have permanent resident status in Australia
AND have been a resident in Victoria for at least 6 months preceding the application date
Applicants may discuss their applications with Ausdance Victoria staff. The online applications are
managed through JotForm on our website.
Applications must also include:
· CV of main applicant
· 1 video link to past work or work that is being remounted
· Certificate of Currency
· At least one but up to two Professional Referee Letters