VCE & VET DANCE
VCE VET Dance 2017 with Ausdance Victoria, the peak body of all things dance
Ausdance Victoria is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 20949), with scope to deliver Certificate II in Dance (CUA20113) with selected units from Certificate III in Dance (CUA30113) in 2017. Schools offering VCE VET Dance through VETiS (Vocation Education and Training in Schools) will need to either enter into a relationship with a RTO, or register as a RTO.
The role of Ausdance Victoria as a RTO is to ensure that all quality assurance requirements in relation to training delivery, assessment and certificate are carried out in accordance with the AQTF Standards for RTO’s 2015. It is the responsibility of Ausdance as the RTO to ensure that all training and assessment for VET Dance/Certificate II in Dance meet all the criteria as specified in each Unit of Competency.
Ausdance Vic supports teachers by providing comprehensive learning resources, industry and VET relevant professional development days, mentoring and an expansive network of likeminded dance teachers as support.
To arrange an auspice agreement with Ausdance Victoria, please contact email@example.com
Images by Vlad Slavin Photography for 2017 Industry Day for VET and VCE Students
Why auspice with Ausdance Victoria
- Studying VCE VET Dance with Ausdance Victoria means that students are receiving current and endorsed industry information and opportunities.
- Upon enrolment students become Ausdance members, formally joining the largest Australian dance community.
- They are also entitled to participate in 1 Ausdance Industry Day free of charge.
- Industry Days are intensive one day workshops with a specific choreographer or dance company, at a full time school or on-set of a production.
- Ausdance also runs a number of ‘Audition Industry Days’ to give students a realistic experience of a dance based audition.
What is VCE VET Dance
- VCE VET Dance is a VCE study that awards competent students with the Certificate II in dance, as well as providing students with a VCE study score (if opted to do so) which can contribute to their ATAR score when they conclude their VCE studies.
- It is a VET (Vocational Education and Training) subject which means that it is designed as a pre-vocational course, and will prepare students for further (tertiary) training in dance as a teacher, performer or choreographer.
- The course provides students with the opportunity to acquire and develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to work in a range of areas within the 21st century arts industry. This course provides students with a tangible insight into a career in the performing arts.
- The program has a nominal duration of 395 hours of training ordinarily delivered over two years.
Students will select two dance styles from the following:
- Street (eg. Hip Hop)
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org