JOIN OUR TEAM
Position: 0.6 EFT with days of the week and regular working hours to be negotiated
Responsible to: Katrina Rank, Director of Education and Lifelong Learning
Salary range: $57,000 - $62,000 FTE (pro-rata)
a) Oversee the operational management and compliance of the RTO and its projects
b) Work with the Ausdance Victoria team to implement the 2018 – 2020 program of activities and strategic plan
c) Be a positive driver of the organisation, to enable the dance sector to thrive.
Role and responsibilities
Operational management of RTO
• Process student records, student enrolments, training and course information
• Data entry and management of SMS and LMS
• Manage a high volume of auspice partnerships and delivery locations
• Maintain a high level of accuracy in all administrative documents ensuring compliance to AQTF standards
• Issue qualifications and Statements of Attainment to learners
• Scan and upload completed documentation as required
• Government reporting including VSR, AVETMISS and CCOS
• Manage trainer matrix to ensure compliance
• Conduct site visits to existing and prospective partners
• Keep relevant policies, procedures and resources up to date and available on Ausdance Victoria website
• Coordinate Industry and Professional Development days with the Dance Development Officer and Director of Education and Life Long Learning
Strategic Planning and Business Development
• Assist the Director of Education and Life Long Learning to investigate growth areas for RTO
• Work with Ausdance Victoria team to grow the visibility of the RTO and organisation, the quality of services and numbers of partners and students.
• Applying for scope extension where required
• Ensure that student management system server is maintained and investigate best practice for storage, including cloud based systems
Communication and Customer Service
• Communicate with RTO stakeholders by email and telephone providing accurate information
• Ensure all staff are kept up to date with RTO activities
• Answer and direct general telephone and digital enquiries from members and the general public.
• Act as a communication reference point on all matters associated with the RTO programs, including relevant legislation and government policy developments
• Undertake reception duties when required, including welcoming visitors, couriers, and deliveries.
• Provide financial management reports as required to the Executive Director
• Ensure financial viability through the application of effective pricing for all programs
• In conjunction with the General Manager, review outstanding accounts to ensure they are maintained within the Company’s credit policy and recommend appropriate actions for settlement
Selection criteria Essential:
• Minimum of 3 years' experience working within an RTO
• Demonstrated understanding of the VET Sector and implementation of ASQA legislation
• Experience using Student Management Systems, preferably Vettrak and Moodle
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products and Google systems (Gmail, GDrive, Docs, Forms)
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
• A pro-active approach to problem-solving and streamlining processes
• Understanding of moderation and validation processes and the capacity to facilitate these processes with partner teachers
• Understanding of trainer skills matrix mapping
• Knowledge of VET VCE and the administration requirements surrounding VCE scored assessment
• Experience with VASS system
• Cert IV in Training and Assessment
You will be a great communicator and work well with a variety of key stakeholders and in a team. You will display leadership qualities including being a good listener and facilitator. You are energised and driven, combined with a calm and highly organised nature.
How to Apply
Your application must include:
• Your covering letter
• Your current CV including three referees
• A statement addressing each of the selection criteria
Your complete application must not exceed 6 pages and must be saved as one file (word or PDF) with your surname as the file name. Applications that do not include a cover letter and statements responding to the selection criteria will not be considered.
Apply by email to email@example.com using the subject line APPLICATION: RTO COORDINATOR
Applications close at 5pm Wednesday 29 November.
Interviews for the position will take place the following week. Shortlisted applicants must make themselves available for an interview in person or via video conference. It is hoped the successful candidate will be able to begin in the week of 15 January 2018.
For further information, please call Ausdance Victoria on (03) 9689 2055 and speak to Michelle Silby, Executive Director.