International Dance Educators Workshop
The International Dance Educators Workshop (IDEW) is an invaluable opportunity for teachers and practitioners to network, exchange ideas and learn new approaches in a practical, informal and engaging environment. This year, the workshops are designed to cater, not only to Dance Teachers/Educators, but also to Dance Practitioners, Health Practitioners and general teachers who are interested in understanding and connecting movement in their own practice.
The 2-day workshops will be facilitated by Ausdance Vic’s Education Consultant, Katrina Rank, and feature sessions by:
17 November, Thursday
· TIMOTHY WALSH & PHILLIP ADAMS – “Shaker Maker – Dance Educators Workshop”
· KATRINA RANK – “Using Laban’s Effort Qualities as a Choreographic and Movement Stimulus”
· BEA GLENDENNING – “Exploring Visualisation and Imagery in Dance with the Franklin Method”
18 November, Friday
· DMITRIY EVDOKIMOV – “Practical Anatomy for Dancers”
· LUKE ALLEVA – “Using Industry Techniques to Enhance Performance and Creative Choreography”
· DAVID JONES – “Dance and the Groove”
One-day and two-day passes available, and lunch will be catered for both days.
Participants will also receive 30% off on all resources from Human Kinetics.
Be prepared to get up and moving at IDEW2016!
17 & 18 November 2016
Ministry of Dance
Level 1, 64 Sutton Street, North Melbourne