JOIN OUR TEAM
Big Dance Project Coordinator
Employment period: 0.2 EFT: 22 January to 11 March (7 weeks)
0.4 EFT: 12 March to 22 April (6 weeks)
Full time: 23 – 29 April (1 week) with days of the week & regular working hours to be negotiated
Location: Ausdance Victoria, 59 Francis St, Yarraville
Workshop venues across Victoria (travel will be reimbursed)
Employment Status: Casual
Remuneration: $35 hour plus 9.5% superannuation
Extra days of teaching subject to negotiation
Reports to: Clare McKenzie, General Manager, Ausdance VIC
a) Effective and efficient coordination and delivery of Big Dance workshops
b) Coordinate volunteers for Big Dance events
c) Assist in the administration of Big Dance events
Role and responsibilities
- Work closely with the General Manager and Dance Development Officer to coordinate with local councils, community groups and other stakeholders a program of up to 85 Big Dance workshops across Victoria.
- Coordinate Teaching Artists for workshops
- Liaise with venue managers of Big Dance workshop locations
- Manage registrations for workshops and record and maintain statistical data on workshop participants
- Assist the Dance Development Officer to coordinate volunteers for Big Dance events.
- Assist with the installation and bump out of events
- Other Big Dance administration as required.
Marketing and Communications
- Work closely with the Arts Marketing and Media Officer to promote the Big Dance Workshop program and participation in Big Dance.
- Send promotional material to all Workshop venues.
- Respond to all general Big Dance enquiries and telephone calls in a professional and friendly manner
- Assist with the management of workshop budget, particularly the allocation of teachers’ wages.
Dance Teacher (Applicable to experienced dance teachers only)
- Learn the Big Dance choreography
- Teach the choreography to larger groups of people in venues (some travel possible)
- Participate on the event day at Federation Square
- Demonstrated experience in event management
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships and strong time management skills
- Ability to show initiative and to work effectively independent of supervision
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Professional, enthusiastic and positive attitude together with the ability to be a team player
- Valid Working with Children's Check
- Experienced dance teacher with proficiency in teaching a range of abilities
- A current Driver’s License and reliable motor vehicle
- First Aid Qualification
How to Apply
Your application must include:
- Your current CV including two referees
- A statement addressing each of the selection criteria
Your complete application must not exceed 4 pages and must be saved as one file with your name as document’s name.
Apply by email to email@example.com using the subject line APPLICATION: BIG DANCE COORDINATOR
Applications close at 5pm Thursday 30 November.
For further information, please call Clare McKenzie, General Manager on (03) 9689 2055.
Ausdance Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.